We may be in June, but it’s never too early to start thinking about your Independence Day celebrations! A tradition birthed and cherished since the early 1900s, 4th of July in Ouray is sure to provide an abundance of festivities and memories for all ages. With a myriad of options to partake in leading up to the 4th of July in Ouray, you do not want to miss out on the best!
Here are some of the hottest:
Saturday, July 1
- Ouray County Historical Society Historic Home Tour, 1:00 – 5:00 PM, Ouray County Historical Society Museum
- Docents will be present to answer any questions about the building’s history. Tickets can be purchased at $25 each with a simple visit to the Ouray Museum.
- Taj Weeks & Adowa Concert, 7:00 – 9:00 PM. Wright Opera House
- If you enjoy soul-stirring and enticing vocals with an unforgettable Reggae groove then this concert is for you. The concert starts at 7:30 PM and tickets are $15 in advance and 20$ at the door.
Sunday, July 2
- Peter Davidson Vaudeville Family Show, 2:00 – 4:00 PM & 7:00 – 9:00 PM, Wright Opera House
- Peter Davidson welcomes families of all ages to enjoy his spectacular vaudeville show which will contain mind-blowing juggling skills with a mix of dancing and miming. The tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for students.
Monday, July 3
- Ouray Volunteer Fire Department Fourth-of-July Kickoff Concert,5:00 – 11:00 PM, Fellin Park
- Bring the family (dogs included) to enjoy a concert that benefits the Ouray Volunteer Fire Department. Only a $5 entry, beer, sodas, wine, and food will be available.
Tuesday, July 4
- Ouray Emergency Services Team Pancake Breakfast, 6:30 AM, Ouray Community Center
- The proceeds support Ouray EMS.
- 34th Annual OURAYCE 10K race for Kura 98.9, 8:00 AM
- Registration is 7 – 8 AM with the race beginning at 8 AM at City Hall.
- Fourth of July Main Street Parade, 10:00 AM, Main Street
- Party groups and custom floats will line up along 4th street beginning at 9:00 AM. Spectators are welcomed!
- Lemonade and Lawn Games, 11:00 AM, Ouray County Historical Society Museum
- Have fun and rehydrate with friends and family!
- Ouray Volunteer Fire Department Water Fight, 2:00 PM, Main St. & 6th Avenue
- Blast your way to victory as teams of two battle it out with high pressure hoses of freezing water.
- Jeep “Glow” Parade, 8:30PM, Pull out below Amphitheater Turn-Off, Highway 550
- Customize your Jeep with dazzling light to add a little flare to your ride.
- Fourth of July Fireworks Display, Dark, Ouray
- The moment we all have been waiting for! Experience a world-class fireworks display that is sure to ignite your night. A popular spot to watch the display is Fellin Park but anywhere else is just as memorable.
This update is provided by Twins Peaks Lodge & Hot Springs. Our Ouray Colorado lodging, full-service hotel has seven different room types including rooms for couples or families with children. Our amenities include hot springs, a free breakfast, spectacular vistas of the mountains, and much more. For additional information on our location including Ouray Colorado restaurants, please call 800.207.2700 or visit us at 125 3rd Avenue Ouray, Colorado 81427.